Yesterday was lovely in so many ways. The weather was wonderful. And how we made our way through the day felt so right. Here is how it went (more or less):
* We woke up when we felt like it.
* We ate fresh, hot brownies for breakfast.
* We put together a few puzzles on the floor.
* We went for a walk outside to “check things out” (as Isaac says).
* We worked on our counting skills and color recognition with visual aides.
* We made supper for Daddy … and chatted with him about our day over the dinner table. (Baked Beans for Isaac and Beefy Cheesy Pasta Casserole for Mommy and Daddy).
* Lastly, we read lots and lots of books — long into the night.
This is how I like to spend our days … to ebb and flow in whichever ways feel good … to have Isaac learn from life itself (I taught him how to pat Bees in the fall … as they are so tired and cold that they just sun themselves on the flowers … and you can pat them without getting stung. He thought it was amazing!) … and to find the time to fully appreciate every action that we take (from soccer to reading). Sometimes we share our days with friends. Sometimes we spend much of it in the car. But a day like yesterday is my favorite – spent at home – learning, loving, playing and sharing. Good stuff!
I hope you are enjoying your favorite kind of day 🙂