Here is what has been consuming my attention lately …
* Reading this book in every quiet moment I can find. Just finished it tonight and am begging for the next installment in this fantasy series.
* Photographing in this most gorgeous September weather. This being my new fave pic.
* Learning about all the really cool things I can do with my new IPhone. Soon it will be doing my laundry – I swear.
* Getting past some ridiculous human drama in my life. Only caring about all the kids involved. Trying to stay away from the adults who make the poor decisions that these kids must cope with — and spending as much quality time with said kids as possible.
* Driving my son to all his various fall activities … and enjoying seeing him grow in so many new ways. Swimming, basketball and science classes. He does so well with all of them … and brings tears to his Mama’s eyes because he is so sweet and engaged with his teachers. coaches and classmates.
* Reconstructing the house so that we can get more bedrooms out of it (with excellent work by my industrious husband). More bedrooms for more kids, that is! If you haven’t already heard, we are getting ready for adoption #2. Very exciting! (More details later).
* Wrapping up our fall 2009 Haitian Roots Fundraising Campaign. Still time to send a donation though!
* Crafting for the upcoming holiday season. Getting ready to set up at some upcoming craft fairs … as well as building up stock in the shop.
* Helping a friend to move in to her new apartment.
* Sewing a Halloween costume for my boy. Pics to follow.
* and oh so much more …
Life is good. But idle hands, well they aren’t so good for anybody. So I do what I can to keep extra busy. What about you? What are you up to these days?